At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is responsible for developing commercial and technical strategies for our North American sales team. The successful candidate is expected to spend most of his or her time leveraging our technology investments in share of wallet optimization applications and Salesforce.com to develop global programs to support our sales team in driving profitable growth. Additionally, this individual will coordinate and provide the necessary back office support to the sales team for the use of sales force automation tools as well as the technical training required.
- Plan, design, and implement enhancements to current lead generation, share of wallet, and account management systems to be leveraged globally.
- Have a passion for results and challenging the status quo to identify organizational needs, investigate, and implement new technologies to support sales efforts.
- They will play the role of liaison between the commercial team and various technical teams, i.e. SFDC developers, integration engineers, data engineers, etc.
- Work with the Director of Sales Optimization to deploy applications and execute commercial initiatives.
- Additionally, the role acts as an advocate for and representative of the commercial team to ensure alignment with the internal shared service functions.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the following specific activities will fall under responsibility of this position:
- Develop strategies and operating procedures for current systems
- Develop workflows and best practices for technology utilization
- Develop and implement tool kits for maximizing information flow, efficiency, and the customer experience
- Ensure our technology investments are utilized to their greatest potential and our commercial teams are as productive as possible
- Facilitate and drive training programs to ensure system utilization and accuracy
- Benchmark sales technologies and best practices
- 10+ years in commercial or operations support roles with demonstrated experience leveraging technology in process improvement activities
- Experience with Salesforce.com Sales Cloud deployment/oversight a must.
- Sf.com marketing and/or CPQ cloud experience a plus
- Experience integrating technology solution with sf.com a plus. For example, sales incentive and coaching solutions, sales alignment solutions, marketing asset management etc.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Must be able to analyze and interpret data elements and make recommendations for change/improvement
- Exceptional project management skills. Must be able to manage complex projects to milestone, delivery dates and budgets.
- Strong self-management skills. Must be able to prioritize, delegate and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- 4-year degree required or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.