At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Assists in the administration of compensation for Sales Representatives and Sales Management relating to pay plans, performance and incentive earnings. The Analyst is the key resource for the company’s North America salary and commission program and supports
- Responsible for effective retrieval, audit, approval, analysis and communication of Sales Invoice data relative to the incentive plan performance and pay calculations for the purpose of performance tracking, incentive calculations, employee training, problem resolution or plan clarification.
- Administers variable incentive plans for sales representatives and sales management across multiple business units (Research and Safety, Healthcare, PCC).
- Plan administration includes the maintenance of accurate employee to account assignments, development and maintenance of incentive plan forecasts, calculation and input of invoice modifications, review and analysis of incentive calculations prior to payroll processing etc.
- Presents compensation plans and reports to new hires as part of their new hire training process, as well as ongoing presentations via webinar to payees and managers.
- Development and maintenance of incentive plan forecasts.
- Prepare recurring formal reports for Sales Representatives and Sales Management to measure and track performance metrics including account level forecasting, product level forecasting, and individual level performance.
- Perform validation activities on a monthly basis to detect and correct any discrepancies or anomalies in org structure, P&L crediting, accounts, etc. Analyze and adjust transactions to ensure accuracy per plan eligibility guidelines.
- Contribute to business planning process providing reports to the Commercial team and Finance partners.
- Partner with IT to institute any necessary changes to pay based on primary and secondary roles, as well as system enhancements and updates to incentive compensation system including testing and validation.
- Work with HR and Sales Operations on new hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, and LOAs, to ensure plans are properly aligned to correct territory and accounts.
- Analyze and provide insight to trends within territories such as new vendors, accounts, or product lines.
- Contribute to identifying gaps in territory as part of annual forecasting process.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel , Access, Oracle Queries, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Understanding of variable compensation terminology: including mathematical, financial, and statistical concepts.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Operations, HR, Finance and Payroll on all elements regarding the commission process.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or business related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific 4i values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.