When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Impact?
This Senior Software Product Manager for Thermo Fisher’s MS/MS quantitation software will work closely with peers in the Instrument Business Units, thought leaders in vertical marketing and customer base and the commercial organization to identify and document the key needs and functional extensions for the software to improve competitive winning rates and drive growth of software and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation.
This role is constantly identifying and assessing opportunities, defining the right product at the right time, building the product strategy and roadmap, and leading and influencing extended product teams.
This is an opportunity to build compelling products and solutions in an innovative environment. Your success is measured by both happy, satisfied customers and meeting business objectives such as revenue and profit. You are the entrepreneur for your product and that means you are constantly obsessed with the current and future state of the product portfolio and its ultimate success.
What will you do?
- Develop multi-year global strategic product plan and execution strategy for the future of our quantitation software of the product portfolio
- Develop global market segmentation strategy as it relates to the quantitation software portfolio
- Provide input to product management and marketing leadership to create annual operating plan, marketing plan and strategic plan to achieve growth and financial objectives
- Support product and divisional marketing in communication and launch activities for both new product development and promotion of existing products
- Work closely with product specialists and R&D to lead new product development and product improvements
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and own relevant competitive analysis
- Manage the product lifecycle from inception to obsolescence
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in collaboration with business unit and divisional marketing teams
- Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making by obtaining and interpreting product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback
- Create, conduct and present comprehensive product training
- Understand market conditions and translate them into product requirements resulting in improved customer satisfaction and increased value generation
- Support promotional tactical plan in partnership with marketing including all required collateral material, industry conferences and exhibitions, and advertising
- Leverage technology, increase solution scope and lead rationalization programs
- Lead cross functional teams and ensure execution of deliverables on both new product development and existing products
- Masters degree required, preferably in chemistry, analytics, life sciences, or software engineering discipline
- STRONG (5+ years) practical experience of operating LC-MS instruments with ThermoFisher or competitor software, preferably in Life Sciences industry,
- Proven ability to create strong strategic business cases and build out financial projections, which align with roadmaps
- Desired product lifecycle experience paired with intelligence and strategic thinking
- Ability to understand technology (hardware and software) and articulate strong customer value/benefit propositions is critical
- Ability to lead and influence others in a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to travel 30% - domestic & international
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement