Reporting to the Customer Care Team Leader/Supervisor, you are responsible for the day-to-day leading and guiding a team of Customer Care Representatives (CCRs) providing support to customers and channel partners. You are professional at all times, and capable of thriving under pressure, in a fast paced team environment. At all times, you place our Customers First.
A typical work day in the life of a CCR will entail:
- Order fulfillment – processes quotations, orders, returns, replacements, debits and credits accurately and timely.
- Manages telephone calls professionally, with proper phone etiquette.
- Responds effectively and efficiently to customer inquiries within 24 hours, ranging from orders, product availability, pricing, shipping, billing (invoices, debits and credits), documentation (proof of delivery, terms of contracts etc.), marketing promotions and sample requests.
- Manages customer complaints and follows through to ensure complete closure within 24 hours. Resolves problems through analysis of situations (RCCM) and experience to determine best use of approach and resources.
- Reviews all open sales orders and backlog; follows up with relevant supply site contacts, local procurement and planners to ensure on-time shipments. Escalates issues appropriately to ensure prompt resolution. Informs customers of product delinquency and proposed recovery dates.
- Works with planners to expedite orders outside standard lead times.
- Sets up new customer accounts where applicable and maintains good record of documentation for audit purposes.
- Reviews individual key performance indicators and ensures all measures are met.
- Supports sales and marketing teams in promotions, and offering functional expertise where applicable.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results (projects, etc.) as needed.
- Ad-hoc work tasks as deemed appropriate by the Team Leader.
- Makes joint customer visits with sales team, as and when necessary, to solicit feedback and grows the business relationship.
- Follow policies and procedures accurately and efficiently, keeping up to date with the latest tools, techniques and best practices.
Our ideal candidate embodies the following traits and values:
- Passionate about customer allegiance.
- Curious and embrace continuous process improvement.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Positive and greet changes as opportunities.
- Take ownership and responsibility for personal performance and delivering quality work.
- A team player who is able to work independently and yet work with others toward a common goal. Multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and understand problems and problem causes. Ensures rapid and transparent service recovery. Understand the economic impact of decisions on the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Communicate openly and positively in a professional and mature manner with others. Actively share information with others. Negotiate and influence. Provide timely, clear and accurate verbal and written communications.
- Capable of demonstrating sound judgment, with tact and diplomacy in negotiating and influencing, working with internal and external customers. Maintains confidentiality and maintain professional behavior at all times.
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications from you:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, or Business.
- 3 - 5 years of customer service and order fulfillment experiences. Proven records of accomplishments in Customer Care or other departments are considered a plus.
- Proven track record of process and performance improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication in Japanese (and English is a plus).
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise One (E1) or SAP will be an added advantage.