Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the Customer Care Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day leading, supervising and coaching of a team of Customer Care Representatives (CCRs) providing customer support to customers and channel partners. You will carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with organization policies, procedures, and applicable laws, including administration metrics related to productivity and quality. You understand our Customer Care’s role and contribution in the commercial go-to-market strategy, and own the Customer Experience. You are professional at all times, and capable of thriving under pressure, in a fast paced team environment. At all times, you place our Customers First.
- Sets team goals, formulates plans to achieve, and tracks results.
- Leads, motivates, coaches and supervises the Customer Care Team.
- Fosters cross-functioned teamwork and builds a safe environment which encourages and establishes trust.
- Oversees daily order fulfillment (Quote-to-Cash including returns, replacements, debits and credits) business operations
- Plans, prioritizes and directs work flow and project assignments.
- Monitors efficiency and productivity to ensure the following service standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met –
Answered Rate - all incoming calls are answered professionally, with good phone etiquette
Quotes & Orders – no quotes and orders left unprocessed; SLA 24 hours.
Order Progression – ensures no unnecessary order holds and held orders to be released within the shortest time. Reviews all open sales orders and backlog; ensures thorough follow-up with supply sites, local procurement and planners for availability dates and inform customers of any product delinquency.
Customer Inquiries & Complaints – to be attended and responded; SLA 24 hours.
- Conducts audits on work and determines additional training and counseling that may be required; including providing recommendations, coaching and implementing solutions to improve results. Administers disciplinary action where necessary.
- Handles escalated customer issues either through direct personal action or referral to the respective individuals/departments. Resolves problems through root-case-analysis of situations (RCCM) and experience to determine best use of approach and resources.
- Identifies process gaps and issues, recommends process improvements and system enhancements for enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize sales opportunities (especially backlogs), coaches and develops the team to be commercially aware when handling customer interactions.
- Be an effective Change Agent, who leads by example and knows how to handle periods of change and leads the team through such periods, displaying motivating and encouraging behaviors. Encourages team to improve processes and workflow.
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to other functions (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Accounting, etc.) and builds strong relationships with the functional leaders.
- Be an ambassador for creating positive customer experiences. Make joint visits with sales/marketing team as and when necessary to solicit feedback (voice of customers, CAS) and grow business relationships together.
- Conducts recurring team huddles and 1x1 meetings with direct reports. Provides and shares updates with the Customer Care Manager.
- Develops direct reports’ skills, monitors and evaluates performance and provides feedback.
- Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures (References SOPs, WINs, and approval processes) accurately and a good record of documentation maintained for audit purposes. Ensures SOPs are updated.
- Assist in any other tasks or projects assigned appropriately by the Customer Care Manager.
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies:
Education, Experience & Skills
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Business/Supply Chain disciplines.
- 4 to 5 years of cross-functional Customer Care experience, with supervisory leadership.
- Proven track record of process and performance improvement.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise One (E1) or SAP will be an added advantage.
- PPI Process Manager Certification (after joined Thermo Fisher)
- Excel and strong analytical reporting capabilities
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to provide critical feedback to team and formulate development plans