Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Laboratory Solutions India (LSI)
Laboratory Solutions India (LSI) unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver lab chemicals, equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
- Laboratory Chemicals provides over 100,000 catalogue products ranging from solvents, stockroom and laboratory reagents, catalysts, organic building blocks, screening libraries, analytical standards, bioreagents, precious metals, salts and solutions
- Laboratory Equipment products are used primarily by pharmaceutical companies for drug discovery and development and by biotechnology companies and universities for life science research to advance the prevention and cure of diseases and enhance the quality of life. Our offering consists of equipment, accessories, and services for sample preparation, storage and protection, and analysis.
- Laboratory Consumables products include plastics, glass, and related equipment that customers use every day to support their scientific research, drug discovery and development, quality and process control, and clinical and basic research and development needs. Our product categories include sample preparation and storage, liquid handling, and speciality plastics and services.
Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives
Roles & Responsibilities
- Handling procurement of Commodity, Metal Salt, Agro products & Excipients for Chemical Industry/Pharma or Laboratory chemical manufacturer
- Complete market knowledge of product-specific vendor/manufacturer for new product development. Experience in implementing cost-effective source for monopoly product and alternative source for business continuity
- Experience in buying & analyzing the price of metal from Indian market day to day basis, especially in bullion trading & monitoring LME price
- Good experience in handling dry chemical portfolio with large & small volumes in cost effective manner
- Monitoring crude oil price in India & international market, analyzing the impact of solvent and commodity, make the decision to cover material at a lower level
- Complete responsible for RFI/RFQ, analyze and finalizing the price at best with facts and negotiation
- Working closely with SCM for the monthly plan, Finance for budget & supplier payment, QA for material approval and with the external supplier
- Closely working with Toll site for the requirement, monitor & execute non -moving items back to supplier or disposal as per policy
- Working experience in SAP is must for day to day activity like creating PO, Vendor creation, material code, stock monitoring and variance report etc.
- Knowledge of Customs duty for major chemicals category and procedure of material clearance in coordinate with the clearing agent
- Complete knowledge of vendor approval process as per company policy and SOP
- Handling & maintaining of sourcing & procurement related SOPs & procurement records for internal & external Audit
- Ensure adherence to organizational procedures, policies, and systems.
- Proactively escalates issues that can potentially hamper the business processes
- Graduate, preferably Bachelor’s degree in Science, with Diploma in Materials Management
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in Sourcing & Procurement of raw materials/packing materials form medium scale Chemical Industries
- Knowledge of local procurement, local tax knowledge and exposure to import/export
- Specialized knowledge of commodity market and Metal derivative
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt/respond to different types of tasks