Job Title: Field Service Engineer CMD/LCMS
Reports To: Service Manager Middle East and Africa
Group/Division: Unity Lab Services
Career Band: V
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Vienna, Austria or Prague, Czech Republic
Number of Direct Reports: 0
As part of the Unity Lab Services Team, you make sure to give excellent support to our Distribution partner and Customer in the region of responsibility.
Beside field service jobs that afford travelling in the region, you will also perform tech support out of the office and support our inhouse demo center and colleagues on Chromatographie and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation.
- Installation, Maintenance and Repairs of our equipment and Training and Familiarization of Partner and Customer
- Service Support of our Distribution Partner in the region
- Technical support for our Distribution Partner and Customer
- Close Partnership and strong relation with our sales Team
- Make sure to transfer our high quality standards to partner and customer
- Documentation of Service Jobs and Travel activities in weekly and monthly reports
- Close contact to support Teams of the Factories
- Participation at Exhibitions, Meetings and Seminars with distribution partner and customer
- Coordinating Training of distribution partner engineers and mentoring
- To enhance quality of service on defined range/s of equipment
- Assess and report on product quality issues
- Build relationship with staff at key account customers
- Give field accompaniment to new staff and mentor where possible.
- Create sales leads while on site.
- Records and Reporting
- Adhere to all Company internal and ISO9000 procedures
- Create complaints when they are identified
- Complete company reports such as SCaro and forward to the office in a timely manner
- Monitor of engineer parts boot stock inventory consumption to optimize usage
- Product and Company Knowledge
- Maintain thorough knowledge of product ranges and services
- Communicate product knowledge to core support teams
- Electro/ mechanical qualification.
- Sr. Service Engineer: Bachelor of Engineering, Science Graduate with Diploma in Instrumentation with at least 5 years experience in providing service support in Analytical Instrumentation
- Relevant knowledge of defined ranges of LCMS products
- Excellent communication skills
- Smart, professional appearance
- Self determination
- Self Learning Initiative
- Team Player
- Customer focus and Professional skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Products
- Good knowledge of network and server set up
- Around 80% travel and 20% being in the office to support our partner and customer from there
- Good if already worked on Thermo Fisher Scientific equipment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Education Criteria
- Communication Skills
- Full, clean driving license.
- Must live in relevant region
- Good knowledge of English language verbal and written
- Good knowledge of another language preferable Czech.
- Willingness to travel in the region and globally