- Create and maintain SKU level standard costs in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on structure and validity of BOM and routing data. Update, collect and study data to determine costs of business activities.
- Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
- Review and develop standard work to ensure variances arising from purchase prices and work orders are investigated and any necessary corrective actions implemented.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
- Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Reconcile ending inventory balances on monthly basis.
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
- Actively participate and provide leadership in various projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the plant related to the standard costs of individual SKUs.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education and one to four years of relevant experience are required
- Experience in SAP or similar ERP system, proficiency in Excel and an understanding of working in a matrixes organization a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of company employees. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Self-Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player
- Some traveling is required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join