1. Responsibilities and Authorities
Reporting to Group Manager. This position is responsible to ensure shipments are processed daily to meet Customer/Business requirements. Works across the organization to ensure operational/transportation issues are resolved quickly. Works to achieve all logistics cost and operational metrics. Collects, analyzes and reports data using analytical tools related to operational/cost performance. Utilizes PPI tools/teams to continuously improve processes and service to our Customer. Performs other activities as directed by Logistics Leadership to achieve department, divisional and corporate goals.
Key Job Activities
- Organize and manage daily inbound/outbound shipping schedule for area of responsibility.
- Prepare necessary shipping documents.
- Co-ordinate with forwarders and other service providers to ensure deliveries meet customer/business requirements.
- Review open delivery orders daily and work with Operations Team to ensure packing can be completed on time for shipment.
- Reviews all required shipping documents and communicate details to appropriate internal/external parties or customers when shipment has been executed.
- Coordinate international/domestic orders and schedule appropriate shipments with transport service providers, determining the appropriate mode of shipment, that is consolidated or express or other best routing, and ensuring that POD is obtained for each shipment.
- Resolve issues with internal parties to ensure shipments meet Customer/Operational expectations
- Investigate customer complaints to find the root causes and advise appropriate solution to resolve them.
- Actively involved and work with PPI project teams to ensure the success in implementing new project(s) assigned.
- Perform analysis and reporting as requested by Logistics Leadership.
- Ensure that systems and procedures within the department are in compliance with ISO9001, ISO13485, QSR21CFR, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and WHO Good Distribution Practice.
- Degree in International Trade, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance plus five (5) years’ experience, or;
- Diploma and eight (8) years of progressive responsible in International Trade or Import/Export Management in a multi-national company, preferably in a FMCG or capital equipment industry.
- Warehousing/Customer Service experience is a plus.
3. Experiences Required
- 5 years of logistics and customer service experience with global multi-national company
- Familiar with SAP/R3 and Oracle E1 Applications; ideally 5 years of experience.
- Understanding of supply chain flows; ideally 5 years of experience.
4. Competencies Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must have thorough knowledge of international trade and transportation. A Warehouse/Customer Service operation background is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including the ability to make effective business presentations. Communicates openly and honestly.
- Comprehensive understanding of logistics cost models, and typical routings, time, and cost for bi-directional movement of products and goods between the USA, Asia and Europe.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, acting in a decisive manner with a demonstrated bias for action.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to develop complex logistics and transportation models.
- Familiarity with major logistics service provider operations.
- Previous training and experience in a structured continuous improvement framework (i.e. six sigma or Practical process improvement) is helpful.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with ERP systems (SAP/Oracle experience is preferred).
- Demonstrated “Customer Centric Attitude”.