This role is a Technical Support position within the South East Asia and Taiwan Service Organisation responsible for general laboratory products.
This role is to provide technical support to channel partners, direct field service team and end customers in cooperation with factory team. This execution is instrumental to achieve higher level of customer allegiance score for the service department.
One of the key element is to provide timely technical advice to both direct and indirect customer to resolve issues in a timely manner to reduce customer downtime.
- Responsible for training of general laboratory products to increase field service team competency, not limiting to centrifuges, data logger, incubator, etc.
- Ensure timely response to both email and phone enquiries from direct and indirect customers.
- Timely escalation of cases to factory for escalated technical issues.
- Travel on short notice to assist indirect customers to resolve escalated technical issues.
- Provision of feedback to product quality team.
- Evaluating warranty claims submitted for general laboratory products.
- Involved in new product launch for regional customers.
- Typically requires approximately 5 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating centrifuges, data loggers, water system or incubators.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems
- Degree/Diploma in Science-related discipline, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory products
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
Essential skills required:
- Must have a passion for our Laboratory Equipment products and the associated markets.
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry, academia, or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in English oral and written communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and initiatives
- Strong organizational and time management skills.