Job Title: Business Analyst – BI
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The Business Analyst in BI team is responsible for daily support of reporting data issue coming from different BI applications, mainly focus on SAP BW and local SQL Server. You will be part of BI team to participate in local BI projects. The key responsibilities include:
- Routine job on data issue checking in SAP BW and SQL server: verify data quality, monitor data loading, perform data testing and technical support for business, ensure the delivering services and support according to SLA
- Independent development on local report enhancement within SQL Server, analysis business requirement, provide BI solutions, deliver the reports. The support activities associated with Supply Chain and Finances.
- Support SAP BW reports and data quality check. Act as a bridge between business stakeholders and global team for the resolution of service requests and implementation of projects.
- Follow up global guidance to support SAP BW users.
- Provide technical support and training to business on BI analytics tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline required. Technical training or certification in related skills preferred.
• 4+ years’ experience in SAP BW project and good understanding on data module design methodology and ETL process.
• 3+ years’ experience in SQL Server project and good understanding on integration service and transact-SQL.
• Good Knowledge of MS SQL Server: SSIS, T-SQL, SSAS
• Good understanding of ERP function and process
• Good skills in spoken and written English, with open and professional communication style.
•Know-how on using reporting tool: Tableau and Power BI
•Be willing to learn new language, technologies and ideas
• Mature, committed, good working attitude and interpersonal skills.
•Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
•Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Solid knowledge in SAP BW and SQL Server is preferred
• Cognos, Power BI and Tableau is a plus