Job Title: Developer II
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mmission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Purpose: - This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using JAVA technology. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs
- Work closely with development team, architect, project manager, business analysts to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work
- Contribute and confirm to DTD adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Must be strong in Java, Java based frameworks such as spring and have good understanding of design patterns.
- Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be performance driven, and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously if needed.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Prior work experience with Digital Asset Management/Documentation management such as Open Text would be nice to have.
- Prior work experience with Search technologies such as Solr would be nice to have.
- Prior work experience working in AWS would be a plus.
- Exposure to Agile methodology would be nice to have.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.
Education & Experience levels:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in developing eBusiness web applications using Java and related technologies.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.