As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
We are now seeking two
to join our Operations organization for Sample Preparation & Analysis business in Vantaa, Finland.
We are looking for active persons who can work independently but also in good co-operation with diverse individuals and comfortably navigate between engineering and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility, control of big picture and continuous learning.
The selected candidates will be ensuring technical support for our current production and production transfer related tasks. The positions are temporary until 30th of June 2019.
- Documenting, assembling and verifying tools/equipment for assembly production and testing
- Translating current manufacturing documentation to English (for example assembly and testing instructions) for instruments related to production transfer
- Offer technical support for Vantaa SP&A production and for subcontractors
- Communicating in English with colleagues in other sites regarding manufacturing engineering related issues as a part of production transfer
- Take over the ownership of cost effective implementation of product changes to production with instruments to be defined (analyzers, DNA purification systems, liquid handling instruments, etc.)
Required experience and qualification:
- Technician or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, automation or production engineering or equivalent field
- Knowledge of Instrument manufacturing engineering and equipment (fixtures and testers) in production environment
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Experience and skills with Cad tool (Creo) with mechanical parts and assemblies
- Experience in MS Office
Additionally we value:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in manufacturing engineering support or production environment
- Experience in project work
- Experience in the use of Agile PLM system
- Experience in testing as well as test procedure documentation
- Able and willing to travel (APAC) related to production transfer
Should you have any questions, please contact Production Manager Pekka Repo (tel. 010 329 2563) on Friday 27th of April 2018 between 13-14. Applications together with CV and salary suggestions should be sent no later than 1st of May 2018 via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/, reference 66920BR. Please reply to the questions in the language they are written in.