IT Infrastructure Engineer
Responsibilities: Voice engineer
- Design network voice services solution based on company guidance and security policies.
- Install, configure, and manage the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP); enterprise call routing; voicemail infrastructure.
- Resolve all network voice services SNOW tickets in a as needed. Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Created and updated documentation including configuration documentation, standard operating procedures, and network documentation and diagrams.
- Perform daily health checks and monitoring for the network voice service infrastructure; provide monthly performance metrics.
- Submit change request documentation to address enterprise configuration change.
Responsibilities: Infrastructure Project Manager
- Drive/participate in the requirement gathering, funding process, as appropriate (e.g., presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case).
- Lead or contribute to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Conduct Project Team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders
- Develop presentations, dashboards, reports and other team and executive level project communications and documentation
- Develop, communicate and implement project risk mitigation plans and complete Risk, Actions, Issues and Decisions documentation to effectively monitor risk and enable accountability and responsibility
- Accountable for the project management process and project management deliverables for all assigned projects from initiation thru closure, including intake activities
Qualifications: Voice engineer
- 5+ years’ experience with IP Telephony and Call Center Application technical support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field.
- Expertise with AVAYA System, Communication Manager, and Session Manager and Avaya One-X Agent client support
- Skilled at integrating other ancillary voice products, such as Verint Witness recording platforms, Aspect WFM, Avaya AES, and E911 platforms
- Strong knowledge of networking principles and understanding of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP, IP VLANs, Ethernet, Routing, Switching, DHCP, DNS and QoS
- CCNA and ITIL framework are a plus
- Avaya Certifications are a plus
Qualifications: Infrastructure Project Manager
- 5+ years’ formal project management experience
- Ability to analyze project data, metrics and financials, making data-driven analytical decisions
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SDLC, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Demonstrated experience engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing without authority
- Significant experience in building project planning documents
- Able to manage all aspects of multiple projects, deliverables and timelines
- Proven experience prioritizing, budgeting, estimating, project implementation
- PMP Certification are a plus