Responsible for the disposition of all finished goods and raw materials, within the Central Distribution Center (CDC). Report in on time for the scheduled shift based on the department they are assigned to. Be a company advocate for continuous improvement.
Band 1: Key Competencies and Training
- Outbound Shipping
- Finished goods stocking
- Raw materials stocking and pulling
- Gather and scan products from storage coolers per branch or customer orders typically reaching up to but not limited to 84 inches high, grasping and gripping.
- Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes.
- Accurately counting for both day to day functions and cycle counts as necessary
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
- Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed.
- Accurately and legibly complete company and carrier documentation.
- Push or pull products on a cart, weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull.
- Load refrigerated trailer trucks with pallets of products to send to branch locations.
- Maintain department and work area to 5S housekeeping standards
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to management.
- Be an active participant in continuous improvement activities.
- Read, understand and utilize both RF scanners and computers.
- Complete work as dictated by customer needs beyond normal shift hours, willingness to volunteer for other areas/shifts.
- Utilize fork lift/power industrial trucks safely, when/if required.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Obtain Certifications: Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
Complete Training: Valuing Diversity and Inclusion – Thermo Fisher University
- High School Diploma from an accredited higher learning institution or Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
- Able to work in environment with temperature down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 40 hours per week.
- Ability to stand with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on footstool.
- Push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
- Lift up to 63 pounds from floor to waist and lift up to 54 pounds from floor to shoulder height on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist.
Non Negotiable Criteria:
- Working in a cave environment.