- Analyzes and designs firmware and control algorithms for embedded controller based products
- Works with staff to develop most effective algorithms for control of products: Understanding of controls required
- Demonstrates the ability to take designs through all stages of development, release, and long life product support.
- Ability to understand and modify legacy code
- Proficiency in Vue and Angular JS 1.0 / Bootstrap
- The candidate will have the ability to execute research and development plans, and to evaluate the performance of new technologies.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering (strongly preferred) or computer science and a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Thorough understanding of basic control theory and PID loop design and tuning
- Must be fluent in C and C++
- Fluent in MatLab and/or Mathematica
- Embedded Linux and YOCTO build environment experience a plus
- Experience with or willingness to learn LabView®
- Experience with communications protocols: USB, serial, Ethernet, Bus Protocols (e.g. ModBus, others),
- Experience with multi-layer/high-density PCB design, FPGA's, VHDL or Verilog.
- Good understanding of analog Operational Amplifiers
- Ability to read a basic electrical schematic
- Proficient with the use of Oscilloscopes, VOM, serial protocol analyzers, etc.
- Proficient with use of embedded software development tools, such as emulators and build tools
- Basic circuit design and prototyping experience
- Proficiency in hand rework and soldering
- Ability to work with tightly knitted cross functional engineering team
- Ability to self-manage and succeed at an individual level as well as work cooperatively in a team environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join