- Analyzes and designs firmware for embedded controller based products
- Demonstrates the ability to take designs through all stages of development, release, and long life product support.
- Ability to understand and modify legacy code
- Round Robin and ISR coding techniques.
- Ability to debug and initial QA of their own code
- Familiarity with GCC and Pic32/DSPic micro-controllers
- The candidate will have the ability to execute research and development plans, and to evaluate the performance of new technologies.
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering (strongly preferred) or computer science and a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Must be fluent in C and C++
- Embedded Linux and YOCTO build environment experience
- Ability to work with tightly knitted cross functional engineering team
- Experience with or willingness to learn LabView®
- Experience with communications protocols: USB, serial, Ethernet, Bus Protocols (e.g. ModBus, others)
- Good understanding of analog Operational Amplifiers
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Proficient with the use of Oscilloscopes, VOM, serial protocol analyzers, etc.
- Proficient with use of embedded software development tools, such as emulators and build tools.
- Basic circuit design and prototyping experience
- Proficiency in hand rework and soldering a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join