When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As the Business Analyst you will be responsible for the implementation of quantitative and qualitative analyses of Key Performance Indicators within the Technical Support Business. This position will interact with multiple functions and layers within the organization and will recommend, develop, and participate in fast-paced, high-visibility projects. Leveraging both internal and external resources, you will identify opportunities to optimize support performance and effectiveness.
What will you do?
- Extract data from various sources, validate data, and create presentation materials for the global technical support management team.
- Create reports as needed in various data warehouse systems (Cognos, Business Objects).
- Run reports according to a predetermined schedule.
- Verify the data generated seems correct.
- Present data generated in a visually pleasing and easy to read dashboard.
- Distribute the dashboard to a predetermined D-list on a predetermined schedule.
- Aid in analysis of the data/dashboard to highlight trends or areas of concern.
- Working with global leadership to determine opportunities to improve productivity and customer support.
- Develop and monitor key Technical Support effectiveness metrics on both a global and regional level.
- Complete advanced analyses to understand and determine key drivers of performance.
- Recommend a course of action based on the available data.
- Prepare executive-level reports based on analysis of data
- Work with different functional groups and position levels to collect, interpret, distribute, and recommend relevant action based on the data analysis.
- Work with global and regional analyst teams to develop and standardize relevant reporting metrics
How will you get here?
High School Diploma with 5+ years of experience in a business analytics role OR Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in a business analytics role.
- Advanced experience reporting in Excel with Pivot tables V-lookups, charting.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cognos.
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in mathematics with an emphasis in statistical analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent analytical and teamwork skills, ability to organize and analyze large sets of data into meaningful and concise reports and propose solutions to management.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Business Objects, Hyperion, and Genesis.
- Proficiency with MS Access and SQL databases.
- Skills using tableau and power BI.
- Experience in biotech or technical support industries.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join