GSP Pricing Analyst
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
- Retrieve, consolidate, analyze and summarize data from very large data sets using SQL
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, determine customer specific discounts and identify product conversion opportunities.
- Develop tools in SQL and excel to help businesses set strategic prices in the market, implement pricing improvement programs, and track financial impact.
- Identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements.
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance.
- Monitor price-volume tradeoffs of deals and provide reporting to management
- Assists team in determining optimized customer pricing.
- Perform analysis and prepare executive-level reports of findings.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis for business units, customer, products and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical capabilities including SQL, Excel and relational database skills.
- Experience with in-depth financial modeling as well as demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills, including data handling and relational database programming
- Minimum 1 year experience working with large data sets from multiple sources. SQL experience preferred.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business, operations, mathematics, economics or a scientific field.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong commercial orientation with a balance of pricing and strategic business management capabilities. A passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas
- Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex organization is preferred. Candidates should be comfortable operating within a matrix structure.
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills
- Ability to travel (~10%)