When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of SAP Sales and Distribution modules, CRM and warehouse management business processes to directly support users and corporate processes. They will research gaps in functionality, gather requirements of users and present recommendations to both technical and business teams. Candidates should have an excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts, and have the ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
Role title: Senior Business Analyst, SAP ERP SD
Reporting to: Functional Lead ERP Europe
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver SAP ECC Projects and System enhancements that meet business expectations based upon agreed project framework
- Liaise with Governance, Support and Business to ensure on time, on budget delivery of projects and enhancements
- Utilize knowledge of SD and WM techniques, methods, and tools.
- Develop process documentation for processes and procedures
- Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
- Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality
- Translate user requirements into user requests and program specifications
- Work with programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
- Develop and deliver training for end-users
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
- Support business initiatives utilizing Project Management expertise.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and that meets usability and performance needs.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Knowledge of SAP SD, WM and CRM (Sales and distribution, Warehouse management and Customer relationship management)modules
- 5+ years of SAP experience required
- 3-7 years of business experience in a related functional area
- Strong Master Data Knowledge
- Strong Functional integration knowledge of SD in relation to MM, PP, FI and SM.
- Actively participate in ongoing projects in the SD area of SAP
- Demonstrate ability to utilize SAP SD functionality to enhance business processing. This should include the following areas;
- Order Processing (Quotes, Sales Orders, Schedule Agreements, Contracts)
- Shipping and Transportation
- Batch Management
- Warehouse Management
- Output Determination
- Access Sequencing
Investigate and resolve help desk tickets in the SD area of SAP
• Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices
• Knowledge of SAP Reporting capabilities
• Strong customer service and excellent documentation skills
• Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
• Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Strong understanding of project management lifecycle
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Relevant technical certifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT or similar
- Experience with EDI and IDOC processing
- Experience with other ERP systems e.g. E1, Navision
- Certifications include PMP, APICS, & Six Sigma Green Belt
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join