When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Objective: Identify, evaluate and execute opportunities to out-license and supply products, on an OEM basis, to Molecular Diagnostic suppliers and manufacturers for their use in their products and services.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to channel the Company’s products and intellectual property through value-added OEM partners and access new markets and applications not available through Company’s direct channel.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include legal, licensing, finance, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, account managers etc.
- Develop pricing proposals and financial models for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts in collaboration with account management, LCS/MDx team and finance to evaluate the viability of the opportunity from both the internal and client’s perspective. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable.
- Develop deal structures that meet client’s needs and also the growth expectation of Company and consistent with Company’s commercial strategy. Gains internal buy in of the deal.
- Negotiate other terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company’s in-licensing team.
- Coordinates technical support to determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
Nature and Scope:
- Participates with other team members to develop business plans and objectives across the product and IP portfolios of the company.
- Receives supervision for more complicated assignments from field leader. Will often accompany manager and colleagues in team selling situations and partner with LCS Molecular Diagnostic team based in California for due diligence, cross-business /cross-functional alignment, and contract development and negotiation.
- Erroneous decisions can have a considerable impact on the overall success of current and/or future company operations, both within the incumbent’s portfolio of products and IP, but also more broadly across the company, due to the strategic nature of many of the company’s capabilities to a relatively small number but important clients.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence potential clients, partners, vendors, and internal staff required. The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required. Proven relationship building skills required.
Excellent communication skills:
- Including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management required.
Measures of Contribution/Impact:
- Revenue growth. New deal generation.
- Customer feedback from multiple levels and functions about incumbent’s effectiveness.
- Feedback from colleagues across functions on project leadership effectiveness.
- Knows the fundamental concepts of intellectual property, patents and contract law.
- Knowledge of IVD regulations, CLIA and manufacturing quality standards.
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and, specifically, of Company products.
- PhD or Master degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred. Fluent in English/Chinese.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, product development/commercialization and competitive market research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams without being the manager both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join