When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs. Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs. Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations. Communicate schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the regional revenue goals defined by management. Manages workload and customer requirements in the territory designated by the regional manager.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories. Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Engineers. Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in SAP or Customer Support Administration department for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion,
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Regional Service Manager
- 4-Year BS degree in Science or Electronics or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years Field Service experience or 5+ years relevant Industry experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Certified service experience on four or more leading industry chromatography or mass spectroscopy products.
- Demonstrated experience managing service territory, scheduling, and inventory.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Experience in selling process. Proven ability to sell value based service solutions to Thermo Fisher Scientific customer base.
- Basic instructional abilities (customer training).
- Ability to prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Customer/business-oriented with ability to independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Detailed understanding of service functions.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs without assistance 20% of the time.
- Ability to lift, push and carry 25-30 lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to drive/fly and/or travel overnight at a minimum of 50%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
This position is not approved for relocation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join