When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher’s global service marketing team focuses on optimizing service revenue per system by developing, launching, pricing and promoting Services products based on segmented customer needs that deliver desired customer outcomes, strengthen customer loyalty and deliver strong financial returns.
Duties and responsibilities
The Service Product Marketing Manager position is a high-output marketing leadership role, responsible for creating and managing customer-focused service plans and offerings in support of service strategies. This position is responsible for the Semiconductor services portfolio and will partner with the Senior Manager in leading specific service programs across the portfolio. This position owns all aspects of service portfolio development and execution for the targeted areas of responsibility, so it encompasses strategic, tactical, and operational elements. Working closely with the Service Directors and Managers, this role is responsible for driving services revenue growth and maximum installed base service revenue potential.
- Identify and maintain top line revenue programs associated with service strategies that meet corporate business objectives
- Conduct customer needs analysis for strengthening segmentation and development of new services. Define the market position and value propositions for targeted customer segments
- Develop new services/contracts using a disciplined project management approach. Launch services in collaboration with the Regional Service Managers and Sales and Support Operations Center (SSOC)
- Establish and maintain services contracts portfolio and contract sales price lists
- Analyze service sales results to achieve an optimal return on investment, fine tuning tactics as dictated by market results.
This position is ideal for a candidate with a strong marketing background who has successfully developed and executed targeted marketing programs for business-to-business technology markets and customers with complex buying cycles. Demonstrated success developing and executing global services portfolio desired. Ability to engage with others constructively, and manage relationships successfully, in a highly collegial culture is essential. The candidate selected will be expected to quickly understand the Service business strategy, market focus, customers, products, value proposition, and competitive points of differentiation, working closely with the company’s service organization and Service Directors to ensure appropriate alignment of service sales and marketing efforts.
- University degree, MBA preferred
- 5-10 or more years of marketing/service operations experience in B2B technology marketing role, preferably with a company providing deeply technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability creating global service programs that serve targeted markets in North America, Asia and Europe
- Ability to quickly grasp divisional business and Field Service strategy, and translate those into supportive commercial plans that deliver quantitative results and business value
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally at all levels, including close work with technical, sales, product marketing, and business management positions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to influence without authority- Multi-cultural experience to manage geographically dispersed project teams
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20 percent or more as required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join