When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Technical and Software Support Representative will be primarily responsible for supporting LIS applications, managing system workflows, system upgrades, liaising between development teams and end users, and on-going maintenance and/or enhancements of Thermo Scientific Labeling and Tracking Equipment. The Representative will provide technical guidance in activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported application problems. Operate as a liaison between technical personnel and the application users as well as work directly with other support analysts to resolve reported issues. Triage support issues and flag them as systemic or operational. Escalate systemic issues and application design requests to the project management team along with report a summary of each days support issues. Duties include troubleshooting and resolving customer problems primarily via phone. Customers may include; end-users, direct sales team, direct Field Service, distributors/channel partners, BioMed representatives, or third party service providers. Position includes full use of JDE (ERP) Service Module for documentation and follow-up.
- Receive and process customer calls and emails, providing technical assistance, support and follow-up
- Record daily calls and all appropriate information in service ERP system. Provide technical support for Order Entry, Customer Service, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific personnel regarding product complaints, inquiries, availability, and catalog numbers.
- Acquire basic use of computer system for purposes of information retrieval and order entry.
- Assist with calls regarding product discrepancies, document appropriately and follow-up where necessary.
- Work with Product Managers to keep product information up to date, and to keep Technical Service Department informed of product up-dates.
- Interface frequently with other departments to provide seamless support to customers and the field sales organization.
- Provide in-house personnel with information on product requests and other competitive activity.
- Manage physical and logical hardware inventory within the department.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, repair, and document customer complaints of physical inventory within the department for quick turnaround.
- Prepare, Track, and ship units to correct address. Install end user applications using predefined process.
- Evaluate and Implement Process Improvements.
- Attend professional workshops and seminars as assigned.
- Participate in team coverage of on-call during non-business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of Technical Phone Support or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated technical product support strongly preferred to include; customer facing, phone based, or other documented function.
- Knowledge of Anatomical pathology, or general laboratory services is strongly desired.
- Experience with LIS or LIMS systems.
- Experience with, or exposure to, EPIC, Cerner, Meditech, and CoPath is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills required to include Windows environment. ERP (JDEdwards) computer experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired.
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot, and triage customer concerns.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Critical thinking and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Ability to track and perform multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join