- The key performance targets will be sales and profitability according to the AOP established for the territory, with an emphasis on our proprietary novel biomarkers Procalcitonin, MR ProADM, Copeptin proAVP and other novel markers as they are launched
- The job holder will be responsible for analysing and developing the market for the introduction of innovative and proprietary biomarkers.
- In addition business growth beyond the annual plan is highly desirable, and is considered to be the hallmark of high performance within the sales organisation.
- Create and implement a territory plan for driving new sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships which are robust, enduring and mutually beneficial.
- Provide observed input on the company’s marketing and new product development initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s customer pricing policy for the territory.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all sales development initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with the Netherlands based Sales teams, Service and Office functions to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Collaborate with internal R&D colleagues and Marketing focused individuals to share best practice and customer knowledge.
- Communicate effectively within the company to maximise sales opportunities – in particular with Hennigsdorf Business Units, and with relevant local Country Organisations
- Fully support established reporting mechanisms, participate at international sales meetings, training initiatives, etc as appropriate.
- Inspire and motivate all colleagues to exceed customer expectations and generate new business enquiries.
- Provide required reports on all sales activities, achievements, key issues, etc with projections and strategies for the following month.
- Develop and manage an effective sales pipeline tracking process, and use this to underpin effective and accurate forecasts
- Provide timely reports on customer contact and lead generation.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time by the Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the company’s policies and procedures, especially in relation to environmental, health and safety and ethics.
Education or Equivalence of Experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent
- Full, clean and current national driving license
- 5 plus years sales/application development experience, ideally gained in the clinical diagnostics or closely related areas. The job holder must be used to achieving agreed sales and profitability targets with the minimum of management intervention, and be comfortable with developing and supporting new applications.
- A good command of written and verbal use of the English language is essential, together with the ability to think clearly and marshal ideas.
- The job holder must possess proven sales ability and be able to demonstrate command of essential sales techniques, particularly in consultative solution selling
- It is expected that the candidate will be adept at identifying the specific product testing needs of customers, deliver a high performing solution.
- The candidate should have a good awareness of risk in the sales decision process, and be able to secure orders through effective risk management, particularly through the use of compelling financial models where appropriate.
- It is a basic requirement that the job holder is able to communicate within the company and externally in an effective and authoritative manner, both in writing and verbally. Spoken communication must be clear and confident and must show evidence of good listening skills.
- The job holder must possess the highly developed interpersonal and social skills necessary to represent the Company and to be able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally. These skills must be complemented by the ability to work as a member of a team, building consensus and the co-operation of colleagues and external contacts.
- A relevant degree especially in Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology or Analytical Chemistry perhaps supplemented by a Professional qualification in Clinical Biochemistry or a Masters degree in a business/financial discipline.
- Strong experience in promoting novel biomarkers
- Documented evidence of formal sales and business training (Miller Heiman experience or similar would be desirable).
- The ability to create and present compelling and persuasive presentations to secure customer commitment.
- Highly developed group presentation skills or public speaking.
- Financial and mathematical skills necessary to carry out costing and pricing calculations, and ideally strong financial skills to create a robust business case
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office or similar, and be able to manipulate and present data.
- Must be able to demonstrate good time management and a methodical approach to organisation and project planning.
Attributes and Attitude
- Must be able to cover significant geographical areas within the Territory with potential overnight stops away from home and irregular hours when required. Occasional international travel (<20%) is anticipated for training and international sales meetings
- Must have the intellectual capacity, problem solving ability, strategic vision and appetite to grow with the company and to achieve career advancement accordingly.
- Must be able to demonstrate appropriate gravitas and maturity to navigate around a complex organization, building rapport and securing engagement where needed at all levels.
None at this time, but could be asked to manage if required by the business.
Regional Commercial Manager Nordic Countries, UK, NL
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join