Our Bioscience Customer Research group is mix of qualitative and quantitative researchers who are passionate about understanding customer’s needs, behaviors and attitudes to develop customer centric products. The team in Carlsbad, California has an open position for someone to conduct qualitative user research projects. The ideal candidate must be able to support the design and execution of user-centered research to uncover customer insights that translate into actionable plans aimed at the development of innovative Life Science Research products
- Design & lead user research: Work with cross-functional teams to design and conduct research to understand customer needs using various methodologies, including field observations, interviews, prototyping, and concept testing
- Lead efforts to synthesize information and uncover customer insights which translate into actionable strategies and uncover white space opportunities for innovation
- Facilitate innovation workshops with multidisciplinary teams to inspire and brainstorm creative solutions
- Map out customer journeys, personas, and use cases to identify opportunities for innovation
- Communicate research insights and recommendations to executive leadership and internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with an advanced degree preferred in user research, anthropology, psychology with work experience in user/customer research.
- Several years of relevant customer research experience in a product development environment. Experience using exploratory qualitative research methodologies including, contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews.
- Strong capacity for creativity; ability to brainstorm to come up with creative solutions to business and research problems
- Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct customer research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles
- Ability to quickly move from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology
- Self starter who can translate research into action for cross-functional teams.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join