With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, our worldwide team of 3200+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Check out these video's!
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
- The world needs answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
The Sales and Service Division (SSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Materials and Analysis Division is charged with selling and servicing Thermo Fisher products in geographical territories worldwide. The SSD Organization serves as the primary contact to both potential customers and current customers alike, providing a range of value-added products and services and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Sr. Field Service Manager works closely with the market divisions and the sales and service management teams to ensure that the following key objectives are achieved:
- Complete P&L ownership driving to forecast and meeting business level objectives
- Direct tactical management of Europe wide Service Delivery organization with > 30 engineers and managers ensuring Customer Satisfaction and entitlement
- Leverage technologies and innovation to adapt service delivery.
- Develop Strategies for effective global support and execute
- Manage global resourcing and investments
- Establish service account management (site management) capabilities are established at each key site, together with required technical skills
- Manage Service revenues and costs forecasting and setting of budgets.
- Establish, meet Key reporting and metrics for service delivery and business
- Team up with the Technical Support group, push for product quality and reliability improvements as indicated by data derived from site activity
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific (legacy FEI Company) and service as a manager when dealing with customers
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University degree in a related field
- Typically requires 12+ or more years of relevant professional experience within a related industry
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience leading service organizations within a medium to large scale company, providing support to equipment customers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with international customers essential
- Superior influencing and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change within organizations
- Strong business management acumen
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain a valid passport
- Strong ERP and CRM system experience is preferred
We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages and a challenging environment to grow in exceeding your expectations! We are a diverse global company offering opportunities to leverage the company’s global reach to continually grow and explore new challenges and adventures! You will be part of a global team working side by side with your global counterparts in driving business growth by delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join