Commercial Project Manager – Rheometry m/f
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and over 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Commercial Project Manager (PM) for the Material Characterization Process/Pharma product line.
The Commercial PM will serve a key role in linking various commercial and technical resources throughout the Process/Pharma team and the Sales organization. The focus for this role will be the Thermo Fisher Scientific Online-Measurement business (Process Control Rheometers to analyze and control polymer production lines) within the Material Characterization Process/Pharma product line.
The PM will manage several projects simultaneously. This individual will work closely with the marketing organization (Product Management and Marketing) as well as the internal and external stakeholders (R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Service, suppliers, etc.) in order to drive/ensure execution of both the MC Process and Pharma Business Field strategy.
The successful candidate must be motivated, conscientious, results oriented, an excellent communicator and a team player.
- The PM creates networks and maintains excellent relationships with end customers, engineering companies, polymer manufacturers, licensing companies and suppliers
- The candidate is highly self-motivated and will pro-actively search for and monitor new projects and opportunities
- Guides customers through the various project phases starting from product presentation, defining the system in close collaboration with the customer up to delivery of the solution and after sales support
- Be able to negotiate on price and technical specifications
- Is able to lead technical discussions and to find solutions for the customer requests (with support from R&D and Product Management)
- Able to lead projects, taking responsibility for the entire project from customer and/or market requests to the acceptance of the equipment and completion of the design and production documentation
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- International travel experience and experience in sales and communication
- especially with Asian countries would be ideal
- A successfully completed Master’s degree in a technical discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years of working experience, MBA or economic studies a plus (Qualified Engineer)
- At least 5 years’ experience within the management and/or marketing of industrial products
- Solid technical background and experience in extrusion technology, experience of Rheometry and other on-line analytical techniques would be of advantage
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Project Management is a must
- Willing to travel internationally up to 40%
- Ability to influence key organizational personnel without direct reporting responsibility
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and German, additional languages are a plus
- Experience in working in an international environment, well organized and skilled in prioritizing
- Possess well developed and advanced planning skills
- Be able to bring tasks to closure (work to deadlines under pressure)
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join