The Distribution Sr. Manager manages distribution operations at LSG’s Frederick facility. This position is responsible for both inbound and outbound finished goods operations. This position ensures all customers, financial and productivity targets are met. The incumbent will develop strong partnerships with internal as well as external customers. The Distribution Sr. Manager will establish an environment of continuous improvement employing all the tenants of the lean / 5S and the PPI process.
The Distribution Sr. Manager works in a Distribution environment. He/She must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. He/She may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. He/She must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. The noise level is consistent and moderate.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
- Leads the distribution center to achieve annual financial and productivity goals.
- Development and maintenance of annual budget targets in partnership with senior management.
- Manages cost, budget that are favorable to annual operating target.
- Develops a strategy of continuous improvement to include productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Leads a team of salaried and hourly employees to achieve logistics excellence and attain company goals while at the same time delighting the customer.
- Drives communication within the distribution center as well as with other departments in the company.
- Recommends measures to improve methods and equipment performance while keeping quality of product in mind.
- Drives achievement of metrics in line with corporate goals and direction.
- Resolves escalated problems and develops tools that will enable the team to resolve problems.
- Drives the development of internal employees, functioning as a leader of other people leaders.
- Provides opportunities for cross training and leadership development.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, performance reviews, and career development.
- Initiates and implements strategies to motivate workers to achieve their goals.
- Leads a safety first culture – partnering with EH&S to consistently improve safety procedures and metrics.
- Complies with all safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serves as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
- Operates a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EH&S programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience as a people leader
- Knowledgeable of MSDS for relevant products
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and change
- Supports a management philosophy of empowering individuals
- Demonstrated ability to lead through others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point etc.)
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles preferred. Ability to sustain a lean environment is critical to success
- WMS experience
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintains personal composure in high pace and stressful situations
- Maintains confidentiality
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join