Thermo Fisher Scientific (Life Technologies) currently has a vacancy for an experienced Distributor Account Manager with a background in Biotechnology / Life Sciences, and experience managing Distributor networks to drive sales and growth of the business in a number of markets in Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Life Technologies / Thermo Fisher.
Distributor Account Manager
Territorial focus for the role is: Russia, CIS, Georgia, Ukraine
Preferred home location is: Russia/EMEA
Fluent English speaking language skills are required for this role. Russian language is considered to be beneficial.
- Responsible for the sale of assigned product portfolio (Instruments and associated Consumables) through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory in a manner that positively reflects the Company image.
- Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- Provide the company with relevant market information for the development of distributor strategies and products.
- Impact directly upon the sales of products now and the future.
- Competes for all existing, and develops new, sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed plan. Specific focus on assigned set of big revenue Distributors.
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used by Distributors efficiently and effectively in order to close sales in favour of the Company.
- Maintain and develop customer relationship on the short and long term. Focus on the strategic development of key distributors by implementing and updating Account Planning (cross-functions).
- Monitor and align small distributor growth together with Inside Sales Rep. Help on implementing Distributor specific B-2-B solutions.
- Gathers, analyses and delivers information from the field distributors to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market. Information does include forecasting and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
- Provides direct information on client needs to market and design together Distributor specific promotion, seminars and exhibitions to support strategic goals on a tactical basis.
- Participate actively in local networks of service, support, customer services, marketing and finance to maximize area performance.
- Update and maintain the CRM (Siebel) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organisation.
- Work closely with Consumable Sales counterparts and Technical Sales Counterparts to drive incremental business.
- Sound technical and product knowledge.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LIFE colleagues at all levels.
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory and occasionally in Europe or in USA.
- Full valid driver licence.
- English and Russian language skills
- May hold an academic degree (BSc) or has equivalent level of experience in Life Sciences. A PhD or an MBA is considered desirable.
- Broad experience in sales function, preferibly in a related industry
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join