As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Driven by our goal oriented team of lab experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide
This Lenexa, KS office-based, inside sales position is responsible for sales growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific - Microbiology Division (MBD) products and instruments to clinical, food safety, or pharmaceutical accounts and applicable prospective customers within the designated territory. Provides collaborative sales support to a pod of field-based sales Account Managers. After successful completion of the Inside Sales training program and a proven track record of success in the role, many Inside Sales team members are promoted to outside Account Manager positions around the country.
- Interface by phone and email with existing Thermo Fisher Scientific MBD accounts to maintain existing business and explore new sales opportunities.
- Engage in independent sales prospecting activities that consistently produce new ordering customers.
- Seek out, prioritize and pursue all sales opportunities through appropriate distributor channels. Develop and maintain professional sales relationships with applicable distributor representatives in order to maximize profitable sales growth opportunities within the assigned sales pod.
- Accept ownership and accountability for sales growth, customer and pod support, and problem solving through strong organizational, communication, and business acumen skills.
- Provide weekly call reports, monthly sales forecasts, applicable target lists, monthly operating reports, and any other applicable reports as designated.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM in an accurate and timely manner.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills, MBD and competitive product knowledge, market knowledge, and detailed knowledge of how products are used.
- Develop strong internal relationships with support functions (including finance, contracts, technical support, customer support, product management, and marketing) to support assigned pod in the goal of achieving profitable revenue targets.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as directed.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree, biology or laboratory experience preferred.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp technical concepts.
- Ability to transfer enthusiasm via consultative interaction with customers, prospective customers, and fellow employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated the willingness to gain new skills and enhance existing skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Desire for increased responsibility and possible promotion/relocation to field sales.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join