MEMs Glass Applied Scientist
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Chelmsford
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: MEMs Glass Applied Scientist
Location: Chelmsford, MA
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
The Water and Laboratory Product business is seeking a talented MEMs Glass Applied Scientist. The ideal candidate will have skills to conceptualize, design and fabricate new products using MEMs and materials techniques using for new and existing Water Quality sensing applications.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Contribute your energies within an innovation team to bring disruptive new product development in the water analysis & treatment industries
• Specialize in the development of MEMS based sensor products using common and specialized Glass and Materials techniques.
• Expand your skills and knowledge of special techniques, design and materials science through unique sensor industry challenges.
• Use your knowledge of MEMs design and fabrication along with new formats of raw materials (metal oxides, polymers, glasses & ceramics) to develop new classes of water quality sensors
• Conceptualize and design scientific products to meet new challenges in water quality and treatment
• Leverage the opportunity to blend your skills with electrochemistry and colorimetry science to bring to market new and enhanced Water quality sensors
• Apply your knowledge of MEMs engineering science and Materials technology principles, techniques and procedures to design of new sensor products
• Test and verify prototypes and products for adherence to design concept
• Maintain interface to engineering and operations teams for manufacture guidance in developing product design
• Opportunity to learn / enhance your materials / glass working skills to include some or all the following:
o To form or shape into specific configurations to meet purpose
o Incorporate wires, seals and liquids into subassemblies for verification of design
o Perform finishing operations to MEMs/glass products for validation of product intended use
• Ideal candidate has a 4-year degree in applied physics or engineering discipline with up to 5 years’ experience in design and manufacture of MEMs devices
• Knowledge of Software systems used for Presentation, Spreadsheet, Email and ERP system e.g., SAP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join