The BioPharma Services Division (BSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is focused on providing end to end clinical trial solutions for our customers. We don’t specialize in any particular therapy – we support them all. Our customers range from small biotech/pharmaceutical startups that lack expertise beyond R&D to large companies who prefer to outsource these services. We have the industry’s largest global footprint of FDA cGMP facilities close to clinical trial hubs around the globe so we can be where our customers need us - we provide the full suite of services in each of those hubs because we know there’s a patient waiting.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for ensuring active, consistent and meaningful communications for BSD. Providing guidance and support to internal clients, the Communications Specialist will draft and disseminate information to the division keeping them informed and engaged. The Communications Specialist must be an excellent writer and have exceptional attention to detail. It is critical that the Communications Specialist understands the importance of targeting communications, including how to write for a specific audience and selecting the most effective communications medium. The person must also understand the importance of consistency in their writing and design of communications. The Communications Specialist will report directly to the Director of Communications for BSD.
This role is based in Center Valley, PA.
- Supporting the execution of the division’s internal communication strategy
- Managing our intranet (iConnect), including website administration and content development (Sharepoint 365 experience ideal)
- Maintaining iConnect Site Editorial Calendar
- Partnering with leaders and other subject matter experts throughout the organization to develop content that is fun, interactive and educational.
- Writing intranet articles
- Drafting and copy editing announcements
- Developing and executing a plan to increase engagement through Yammer that is relevant for all employee populations and practical given the heavily regulated manufacturing environment in which we work
- Producing quarterly communication toolkits
- Supporting and coordinating video shoots
- Bachelor’s degree required (A degree in communications, marketing or media/public relations highly preferred); MBA or related advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years total business experience, preferably in a global matrixed environment. 1 - 2 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience required.
- Exceptional writing, verbal and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities, and comfortable with asking for help or reconsideration of priorities
- Extremely detail oriented and comfortable developing and/or working with project plans/timelines
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, HTML, Microsoft Office, Sharepoint 365 and Adobe Photoshop as well as social media and other emerging messaging technology
- Experience managing websites preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once
- Ability to travel as needed (10% global travel)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join