Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, our worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
Check out these video’s:
• Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
• Our life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
• Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
• Blog SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
The Corporate Technology Software Group
A part of the R&D organization is the Corporate Technology Software Group.
This group is responsible for the development of the platform and microscope control software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM), like optics and motion control as well as image and data acquisition.
This group is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Brno (Czech), and Russia. The organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of an enthusiastic team in the Image Acquisition and Detection Software group. The group develops acquisition, control, and data processing software in a multi-disciplinary setup, across multiple international development sites. You will be part of one of our Scrum teams of approximately 7 engineers, working closely with the system architect, product owner, and other software teams.
You will be responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement and new applications. Your assignment will be a mixture of requirements, design, implementation, integration and troubleshooting of software, contributing to new product introductions as well as enhancements of existing products. We are looking for engineers eager to learn our architecture and capable to become the authoritative owner of multiple functional characteristics and/or modules.
As Senior SW Engineer, you will be expected to mentor and coach less experienced Software Engineers within the team, and also play a role in cross-team alignment, supporting the SW architect and SW project lead.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Physics, or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years’ experience in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
• Preference for development experience in highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software applications.
• Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high-performance subsystems and components, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Object Oriented Design and/or State Modeling
• State-of-the-Art C++ (including Boost/STL, C++11/14)
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
• Agile/Scrum Development
• TDD, Unit testing
• Source control management (RTC, Git)
• Component Development (ATL/COM)
• Experience with COM, C++ and C# interoperability
• Model Driven designs and Domain Specific languages
• C#/.NET and Python
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration
• Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
• Team player
• Ability to coach junior colleagues
• Candidate must be able to work in a cross-disciplinary scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
• Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
• Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
• Result orientation
• Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join