This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, material handling. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: SAP, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
Experience in shipping, handling and packaging of Hazardous materials a plus.
- Daily receiving of customer packages and shipments
- Daily deliveries of customer inbound freight and packages to various locations throughout customer site.
- Working with end user community to coordinate deliveries
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Captures monthly metrics as determined by Thermo Fisher Scientific leadership team
- Recycle cardboard and shipping materials as needed (detrashing).
- Maintain packing materials
- Daily use of powered and manual pallet jacks and lifters
- Strong attention to detail in daily site Safety procedures
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in GMP setting or services preferred
- Must have relevant Power Industrial Vehicle experience (forklift)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work a flex schedule if required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join