Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced developed in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Project Leader is responsible for managing the activities of the engineering disciplines within one of the key development programs within our organization. The principal focus of this role is managing the successful development, integration and delivery of subsystems design, system integration and test according to customer specifications for industry-leading capital equipments. This position utilizes the Product Management Process (PMP) to effectively guide new and existing products through development, upgrades and/or installations. Key interactions will be required with various groups (i.e., system architects, internal and external subsystem vendors, peers in mechanical and software engineering and overall program management). The role incorporates both on managing internal and outsourced electronics module design.
Specific Deliverables associated with this opportunity include:
- Manage the development and delivery of electronics modules within the scope of a new system platform development to a development schedule.
- Implement rigorous review processes and set clear expectations around the key deliverables of the program. Hold internal and external vendors accountable to specifications and timelines through rigorous project reviews, adherence to the PMP and defined delivery schedules.
- Develop and implement analytical rigor in systems and requirements analysis.
- Effectively negotiate engineering requirements with cross-functional teams including sales and marketing, applications engineering, manufacturing and field service.
- Contribute to the engineering budgeting process by providing financial/budgetary analysis and recommendations for projected systems development/design, enhancements/upgrades and manpower
- Analyze how key subsystems can be designed for and reused in next-generation products and influence development processes along these lines.
- Contribute to COGS reduction by conducting relevant analytical procedures and recommendations.
- Encourage and implement resource sharing and development across current and next-generation platforms.
- Drive reliability improvements by making existing and next-generation products ready.
the successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University Degree in Electronics engineering, or mechatronics or physics with affinity with electronics. Prior design experience preferred.
- Typically requires 5+ years proven experience in project management of subsystem/module design
- Experience in a multidisciplinary high-tech development environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage engineering projects through a defined and rigorous management process. Must be able to reference prior experience in project management in a relevant technical field.
- Proven ability to build consensus among key stakeholders that may not be under your management control.
- Strong communication ability is required due to the cross-functional nature of this role. An ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is helpful in this role.
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Ability to obtain valid passport and travel internationally as required.
- All experience may have been gained concurrently.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join