When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry group is looking for an enthusiastic and well qualified Senior Staff Embedded Software Engineer for developing instrument control software for a large array of chromatography instruments and mass spectrometers.
Following are the essential functions in the position:
- Develop embedded software for instrument control systems of mass spectrometry instruments using a combination of C, C++, Lua, Python, and some C#; the control system includes controlling various devices, and peripherals to run scans and modify the control parameters based on the data set obtained
- Develop procedures for calibration and tuning of various control elements in our instruments, including mathematical and statistical modeling
- Bring-up code/systems in lab and test software builds. Work closely with research scientists to implement and contribute to patentable ideas
- Advance the group’s capability by in-depth research, innovation and continuous improvement
- Work with field support in troubleshooting and reproducing customer issues, when required
- Collaborate with in-house and third-party hardware developers to control instruments at various levels.
- Proficient in working with embedded controls of hardware devices like analytical instruments, network devices, storage appliances, or smart devices and systems,
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate strong object oriented design and strong API development and abstraction techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and evaluate writing and work of others
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering from a reputed institution
- Experience developing medical device instrument control software is preferred
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Data structures and basic computing algorithms including sorting and searching
- Excellent understanding of real time and operating systems
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join