Position Summary: The Director of Supplier Quality is responsible for the global supplier quality program at Thermo Fisher. This includes developing and driving strategies and metrics to ensure continuous improvement in our supply base, creating and maintaining a Supplier Quality Center of Excellence, providing functional direction and alignment, establishing collaborative relationships, driving continuous improvement activities, and establishing enterprise wide standard processes and systems.
- Works across functional boundaries to identify business needs and establish best practices
- Establish and deploy Supplier Quality strategies, goals and KPI’s across the global organization
- Working with the global sourcing organization, establishes an end to end quality management system that focuses on identification. qualification, management and maintenance of the global supply base
- Establish standard practices for supplier due diligence and qualification
- Establish standard practices and conduct supplier audits
- Ensures policies and practices are in place to meet compliance requirements of relevant standard including (ISO 9002,ISO13485, cGMP)
- Works with Global Category leaders to ensure we have a process for management of the Strategic suppliers
- Establishes processes to ensure we are driving continuous improvement with our suppliers
- Determines engineering priorities for Global Sourcing staff to support Category Directors, work with internal sites to identify and support projects, address design opportunities, and drive sourcing standardization.
- Works to establish a functional Supplier Quality network with a focus on training career development and alignment
- Bachelors degree (R) in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 10 years experience in sourcing, quality management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in driving continuous improvement with a track record of achieving results. Strong process orientation
- Ability to work, lead and achieve results in a global, highly matrixed environment
- Strategic thinker that can provide solutions for complex issues
- Self starter/action oriented: Can identify opportunities and drive teams to achieve measureable goals
- Metric/data driven: Focuses on driving measurable improvement in all processes, established KPI’s and follows through.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join