The Senior Test Technician will be responsible for testing electro and mechanical subassemblies by following good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and in accordance with ISO / FDA regulations. The Senior Test Technician assists in engineering and manufacturing pilot builds, as well as making recommendations for production work flow.
- The Senior Test Technician is responsible for testing scientific instruments, including debugging mechanical and electrical problems, and running computer tests to specification.
- The position will also reject parts to MRB and complete chemical preparation.
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement to improve quality of production material and processes. This includes participating in daily stand-up meetings, daily 5S walks, and Kaizen events.
- Responsible for other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Requires the ability to read and understand assembly level drawings, Work Instructions, Procedures, and other manufacturing documentation.
- Requires the ability to train to standards and understand concepts regarding the use of 5S, personal safety equipment, and ISO / FDA expectations.
- Must be able to follow written procedures (SOP's) with attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Must be able to communicate information with others.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills are required.
- Must be proficient with basic assembly tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, torque tools, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows 7 operating system is required.
- Must be familiar with login and general function of windows based PC.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School diploma/equivalent required.
- 5+ years experience in mechanical assembly with some experience in Clean Room Assembly is also required.
- Must also be knowledgeable in Process Improvement Practices, Process Control Monitoring, and Data Entry into PC database/spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of ERPs is required, experience using SAP is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Helium Leak Testing is a plus.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join