Pharmacy Tech II - CRPMC
Job ID :
US - Maryland - Rockville
- At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Pharmacy Technician 2 in the CRPMC contract is responsible for preparing orders for shipment to clinical sites for government clients. These materials are stored at temperatures ranging from ambient (room temperature) to below freezing with potentially hazardous properties. This position uses database applications and standard precautionary procedures to work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively, and use good judgment when making decisions. Internal or external client interaction occurs under the guidance of experienced professional or technical staff. As a Technician 2, this position requires applying acquired skills with some complexity and working knowledge of technical, operative or administrative methods and practices found within the Pharmacy industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to effectively perform Pharmacy Technician 1 duties:
- Pack orders for shipment to clinical sites (ambient, wet ice, dry ice and frozen).
- Affix all required shipping and auxiliary labels.
- Operate the FedEx Ò PowerShipÔ and the UPS onlineÒ Office computers to input addresses, create shipping labels, and print shipping reports.
- Restock warehouse shelves from back-up supplies.
- Check CPIMS inventory levels against physical inventory.
- Restock shipping supplies.
- Perform weekly generator tests and check fuel level.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of the repository (both inside and out).
- Works closely with managers to support customer inquiries, discrepancies, inventory maintenance and database updates.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Assures compliance to cGMP parts 210 and 211 and company quality systems.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs), facility safety guidelines, and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) requirements which may include compliance with cGMP CFR parts 210 and 211 where applicable.
- Role models behavior consistent with our company values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement.
- May be required to travel to other facilities to meet business needs
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join