Production Planning Manager
Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for production planning and control process methodology and SIOP. Provide daily management and lean leadership for activities of the planning and logistics teams.
- PPI/Lean Enterprise - Work with key stakeholders to continuously improve master scheduling and material management practices; Create opportunities to collaborate with key customers and suppliers on improvement opportunities.
- SIOP - Drive improved effectiveness of SIOP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards; Engage with and coach site teams to ensure proper actions being taken to improve process results.
- Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make operational recommendations with regard to material planning, forecasting and inventory efficiencies such as min/max planning.
- Formulate improvement actions to improve:
- planning and inventory level control to relieve opportunity for product obsolescence &
- material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- Develop and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that measure all materials management functions.
- Provide leadership to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing cycle time, schedule realization and total cost productivity. Collaborate with Site & Operation Leadership teams to identify, prioritize, and resource project.
- Translate business goals into planning and logistics departmental goals; ensure implementation of plans to achieve or exceed goals. Track progress toward goals and ensure prompt initiation of corrective actions and attainment of financial objectives within established budgets.
- Understand capacity and ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources to meet supply plans in collaboration with Production Managers.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate and lead planning team, including objective setting, regular feedback and development and performance reviews.
- Ensure a safe work environment, working closely with HSE and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines.
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and employee adherence in order to comply with all GMP/QSR, and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all FDA, ISO, DOT and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience in multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity.
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve successful results, including those with a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Significant experience of value stream management, data collection and analysis and ERP implementation.
- Strong Analytical, data management and organizational skills.
- APICS CPIM preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office, MRP/ MRP II software.
- Able to travel periodically
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join