As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) develops, manufactures, supplies and supports solutions for the clinical diagnosis of infectious disease and the detection of bacterial contamination in the food and pharmaceutical industries. We serve public health and clinical laboratories, food companies and pharmaceutical laboratories with high quality products which include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing and market-leading food safety molecular solutions. Our 2,000+ dedicated employees are focused on providing our customers with consistently exceptional service. Headquartered in Basingstoke, England with over 20 sites worldwide.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR THIS POSITION.
As the Supply Chain Manger you will lead a site-based team supporting a $150m revenue generating plant that distributes globally while inputting into the creation of Global Divisional Processes around SIOP and SAP. When fully developed you will be a Site Champion for driving excellence into the Supply Chain. Success in this role will require intensity and focus on meeting customer expectations and a proven ability to work effectively in a matrix work environment.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for production planning and control process methodology and SIOP. Provide daily management and lean leadership for activities of the planning and logistics teams.
- PPI/Lean Enterprise - Work with key stakeholders to continuously improve master scheduling and material management practices; Create opportunities to collaborate with key customers and suppliers on improvement opportunities.
- SIOP - Drive improved effectiveness of SIOP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards; Engage with and coach site teams to ensure proper actions being taken to improve process results.
- Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make operational recommendations with regard to material planning, forecasting and inventory efficiencies such as min/max planning.
- Formulate improvement actions to improve:
- planning and inventory level control to relieve opportunity for product obsolescence &
- material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- Develop and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that measure all materials management functions.
- Provide leadership to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing cycle time, schedule realization and total cost productivity. Collaborate with Site & Operation Leadership teams to identify, prioritize, and resource project.
- Translate business goals into planning and logistics departmental goals; ensure implementation of plans to achieve or exceed goals. Track progress toward goals and ensure prompt initiation of corrective actions and attainment of financial objectives within established budgets.
- Understand capacity and ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources to meet supply plans in collaboration with Production Managers.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate and lead planning team, including objective setting, regular feedback and development and performance reviews.
- Ensure a safe work environment, working closely with HSE and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines.
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and employee adherence in order to comply with all GMP/QSR, and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all FDA, ISO, DOT and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Able to travel periodically
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience in multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity.
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve successful results, including those with a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Significant experience of value stream management, data collection and analysis and ERP implementation.
- Strong Analytical, data management and organizational skills.
- APICS CPIM
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP, MRP/ MRP II software.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join