When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Business System Specialist is responsible for enabling PPI Business System maturity within the Grand Island site. These functions include; manufacturing operations, engineering, customer service, supply chain, finance, human resources and sales & marketing. The PPI Business System Specialist will work with the Grand Island site teams to achieve significant improvements across a balanced scorecard with a focus on Customer Allegiance, safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Implement Lean and robust problem solving culture throughout the site using PPI business system.
- Implement Lean Leadership programs and tools to drive change management and productivity initiatives.
- Work closely with the cross functional team to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a ‘way-of-life’ in GI site.
- Conduct training events in areas such as lean leadership, value stream mapping, kaizen blitz, waste and variation elimination, material flow, 5S, visual management, lean sourcing, lean office, built-in quality, 3P etc.
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action based culture of continuous improvement and proliferate PPI and Lean thinking throughout the organization
- Facilitate Kaizen events to improve productivity and accelerate growth.
- May periodically be assigned specific projects within GI site or across the company, which align with the strategic plan and site goal tree objectives
- Coaches and mentors PPI teams to ensure project success.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS) or other recognized Lean business system.
- Experience coaching alignment between strategic business plans and lean improvement plans
- Formal lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Proven implementation track record delivering results
- Must have ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios
- Must have a collaborative approach
- Must have excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Accomplished written, oral and presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Detailed knowledge of overall supply chain and operations processes.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join