Technical Sales Specialist, Attune
Based in Seoul, Korea
The Technical Sales Specialist, is a field sales position responsible for both capital equipment and consumable sales. The position manages the sales of a strategic product portfolio in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The Technical Sales Specialist will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The Technical Sales Specialist will also be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. The Sales Specialist will be recognized as a technical leader and business development leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of new products.
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, working independently to grow new business as a multiplicative partner, and drive growth at assigned call points in assigned technology portfolio.
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities identified by sales leadership to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in the assigned workflow-based product portfolio. Develop in-depth technical knowledge on anchoring technology product in the assigned portfolio.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Mentor / serve as model to other members of the sales and marketing organization with advanced skills, knowledge, attributes, and proven performance.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate payments and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customers site or locally.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software. Use system completely to fulfill management expectations for recording and utilizing customer and sales information.
- Attain or exceed assigned sales goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories and regions.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via weekly business reviews and other communication vehicles.
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience. (Master's holder will be considered for candidates with strong relevant working experience)
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of successful cell analysis or cell biology related products sales experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Molecular biology & molecular diagnostic .
- Extensive knowledge of Molecular Biology and molecular diagnostic industry required.
- Knowledge of Nucleic acid purification, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, Taq polymerase and microplate reader
- Skill of Nucleic acid purification, PCR, qPCR and molecular enzyme expression
- Experience on process development in molecular biology
Nice to Have:
- Experience with any of the family of Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science products.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join