When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Are you looking to be a part of the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution? Come join the Thermo Fisher Scientific team as we push to become the world’s leading digital science company. We’re actively seeking someone with the technical chops to help us develop device connectivity tools that will be used across the company to devices to the IoT.
• Oversee software architecture for software team, provide technical leadership
• Implement software components based on specified requirements
• Collaborate with software team to deliver high quality software deliverables
• Work with product owners to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are clear
• Communicate status, risks and roadblocks to project team stakeholders
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines. – or a minimum of 10 years of software product development
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Proven experience with object oriented software design, implementation, and software system architectural oversight
- Experience designing and developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications
- 7+ years of production software experience with Java or C++
- 1+ development experience with Python
- Experience developing cloud-based applications leveraging AWS
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Experience working with geographically distributed team.
- Highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and "figure out what needs figuring out"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document software design artifacts
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, SQLLite) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus
- Experience with OSGi frameworks (i.e. Felix,Pelix, Equinox)
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join