About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
A challenging opportunity exists in finance to play a key role in managing the financial success of the Molecular Spectroscopy Business Unit. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of financial reports, trends and opportunities, cost quoting and support of the annual operating plan.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Inventory reporting and analysis
- Sourcing /Productivity
- Review scorecards to ensure overall forecast matches business needs
- Validating and/or investigate savings conversion into gross margin
- AOP coordination of all sites
- Key metrics/Strategy
- Consolidation of worldwide financial metrics (absorption, etc.), may require standardizing cost accounting methods across sites
- E&O- monitor and report
- Factory revenue recognition and reporting
- Complete annual factory supplemental reporting
- Provides Ad Hoc reporting on as needed basis.
- Completes special projects as determined by manager.
- Participates in PPI projects.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by leading data analysis used in project resolution.
- Strong communication/leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance related roles
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- SAP (or major ERP) experience preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion (financial management reporting tool) or strong aptitude for multidimensional financial databases a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join