When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Logistics Manager will drive logistics excellence across CMD (Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division) business Units, Commercial Organizations and Manufacturing Sites on a worldwide basis. Will drive freight spend and cost reduction initiatives and partner with Finance to report and manage spend and leakage.
What will you do?
- Lead initiatives to address division level improvements and initiatives.
- Work with carriers and key sites to drive carrier performance initiatives.
- Drive strategic direction of logistics processes to ensure seamless customer service between the Factories and Commercial Offices for delivering instruments, spare parts, and consumables. Develop, document, communicate and implement standard global processes including:
- Carrier/Service Level Selection
- Shipment Consolidation Processes
- Freight Bill Pay
- Shipment Monitoring/Hand Off
- Drive continuous process improvements to maximize customer delivery, quality, operational excellence and financial benefits associated with corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Facilitate process reviews to gain buy in and approval of key process changes.
- Develop and communicate metrics to evaluate and support efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction relative to transportation management and logistics standard work processes.
- Liaise with Thermo Fisher Transportation Group and other Division’s logistics leadership to benchmark and partner to leverage scale of organization to benefit CMD business and customers.
- Dotted line management of factory logistics personnel
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation / Logistics or Business, or an equivalent combination of university education and work experience
- 8-10 years of experience in transportation / logistics management with demonstrated experience managing logistics activities in a global company, preferably in a capital equipment industry. Experience must include direct supervision of activities involving domestic trucking and international freight forwarding with some warehousing experience.
- Strong ERP systems background.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize data, metrics, and continuous improvement tools to consistently achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong analytical skills combined with practical business acumen.
- Ability to work and communicate with various business functions at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager and/or director.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This his position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join