When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Director, Sera Global Supply Chain is a highly visible & impactful position within the business and division. Primary responsibility is developing and implementing the overall Global Supply Chain Strategy for the Sera Business Segment. This position is a key contributor in managing the overall business with the broader sera leadership team to ensure in delivering top and bottom line results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all global supply chain functions and performance of the sera business segment
- Lead a global team (direct & indirect structure) of Operations, Sourcing, Planning, Inventory Management and Regulatory professionals
- Develop and implement long term strategy for supply chain & contribute in overall business strategy
- Motivate and inspire the supply chain team to provide continuous improvements in service levels while optimizing the inventory investments along with managing a strong relationship with Sales/Commercial team supporting multiple diverse customer segments
- Develop and maintain long term strategic relationships with key supply partners
- Leading &/or setting negotiations strategy with the team on large spend expenditures
- Communicate with senior leadership on key relevant market conditions, regulatory changes and operating metrics
- Drives functional excellence across global sera supply chain
- Develop key talent and functions within the Sera Supply Chain team
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain management in a commoditized market, with direct experience in sourcing/purchasing, planning, inventory & working capital management and operations
- Strong knowledge of ERP solutions, MRP systems & interaction with inventory & working capital models/tools
- Experience in managing global multi- site facilities & suppliers
- Strong business acumen and problem solving capability at the strategic level
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience working & leading within a heavily matrixed organization global organization
- Capable of working/communicating with all layers of the organization and customers
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage cross functional, geographically dispersed teams and drive them to deliver results
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Continual track record of delivering year over year cost saving and operational efficiency improvements
- Travel around 20-35%.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join