About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Thermo Fisher Scientific HPLC business has been setting decisive and innovative trends for many years in the development, manufacturing and marketing of instruments and software for High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). The expertise of our highly qualified staff contributes significantly to our economic success, enabling us to continuously expand our site in Germering near Munich.
For the support of our Team we are looking for a
Senior Supplier Process Engineer (f/m)
The main focus of this role is to drive process optimization in joint partnership with our supplier network to reduce the overall cost structure in our global supply chain. A strong focus will be given on eliminating any type of cost related to poor quality. The Supplier Process Engineer will approach the entire design to manufacturing process holistically and be a strong business partner for both Suppliers & internal R&D teams in terms of manufacturing and cost optimized product & process design.
- Partner with our suppliers to create an open environment for collaborative process and cost optimization in the Global Supply Chain
- Identify opportunities to improve processes related to the value stream of our Supplier Network. Develop & implement action plans accordingly & in alignment with key stakeholders across functions.
- Reduce overall cost structure in our global supply chain with strong focus on eliminating any type of cost related to poor quality.
- Work closely with the buyers, engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers to drive process optimization at the suppliers’ site. This includes monitoring & auditing progress made based on agreed action plans.
- Accompany and support New Product Introductions (NPI) and Supplier Change Management with focus on integrating Supplier feedback, quality and productivity
- Support our Quality Management Team in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality management system for ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016.
- Engineering, M.Sc. Engineering/Operations Management, Applied Sciences or equivalent.
- more than 10 years experience in manufacturing process optimization, Lean Management or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and German (minimum Level C1/C2).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very good facilitation skills to achieve results collaboratively including suppliers
- Excellent consulting skills, preferable with consulting background
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement practices using root cause analysis tools to drive corrective and preventive actions.
- With your outstanding expertise in process and lean management and design to manufacturing skills you are on a par with GMs and Business Unit Managers at our suppliers as well as our internal R&D principals.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Ability to take direction quickly, setting the right priorities and continue to work with minimal supervision.
- Position will require travel (domestic and international >50%).
What we Offer
- Employment within an innovative, growth-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation