The main focus of this role is to drive process optimization in joint partnership with our supplier network to reduce the overall cost structure in our global supply chain. A strong focus will be given on eliminating any type of cost related to poor quality. The Supplier Process Engineer will approach the entire design to manufacturing process holistically and be a strong business partner for both Suppliers & internal R&D teams in terms of manufacturing and cost optimized product & process design.
- Partner with our suppliers to create an open environment for collaborative process and cost optimization in the Global Supply Chain
- Identify opportunities to improve processes related to the value stream of our Supplier Network. Develop & implement action plans accordingly & in alignment with key stakeholders across functions.
- Reduce overall cost structure in our global supply chain with strong focus on eliminating any type of cost related to poor quality.
- Work closely with the buyers, engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers to drive process optimization at the suppliers’ site. This includes monitoring & auditing progress made based on agreed action plans.
- Accompany and support New Product Introductions (NPI) and Supplier Change Management with focus on integrating Supplier feedback, quality and productivity
- Support our Quality Management Team in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality management system for ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016.
- Engineering, M.Sc. Engineering/Operations Management, Applied Sciences or equivalent.
- more than 10 years experience in manufacturing process optimization, Lean Management or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and German (minimum Level C1/C2).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very good facilitation skills to achieve results collaboratively including suppliers
- Excellent consulting skills, preferable with consulting background
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement practices using root cause analysis tools to drive corrective and preventive actions.
- With your outstanding expertise in process and lean management and design to manufacturing skills you are on a par with GMs and Business Unit Managers at our suppliers as well as our internal R&D principals.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Ability to take direction quickly, setting the right priorities and continue to work with minimal supervision.
- Position will require travel (domestic and international >50%).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join