When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are a leading manufacturer of controlled environmental laboratory equipment, which advances the prevention and cure of disease and enhances the quality of life.
As a Senior HR Manager you’ll help build organizational effectiveness by managing, coordinating and implementing global HR processes and programs that increase the productivity and effectiveness of our employees. Collectively this equates to over 850 employees across 3 sites and includes a large manufacturing operation, global customer care/service center, corporate IT office, division offices for finance & operations, R&D Center, and a global business unit. You’ll also play a critical role as a strategic HR business partner to the site Director of Operations and other organization leaders within our Laboratory Products Division (LPD). You’ll be responsible for leading your team of HR Generalists and developing them as HR Professionals.
Influence Business Partners
- Acts as a strategic partner to the Site Leader and his/her leadership team to ensure alignment of human resources processes with business/site strategic and operating goals by implementing organizational initiatives to build organizational effectiveness, to include performance.
- Consults with all levels of management to effectively develop, train and retain employees. Consults with key leaders to develop succession plans via the Human Resources Review (HRR) Process.
Promote a Positive Environment for Employees
- Champions culture by embracing the values of the organization and exhibiting role model behavior; ensures the organization embraces the same values to maintain the company as an employer of choice where people are valued, engaged and developed. Drives employee involvement initiatives and change management efforts.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines remaining up to date on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues and updates management on policies/processes as necessary.
- Counsels managers and employees on employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations, etc. in line with local culture and the business and legal environment. Capable of serving both as employer advocate and employee advocate. Is available to and approachable by employees and management; maintains an “open door” environment.
- Uses root cause analysis to address employee and management issues and resolve them through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Develops, gains approval, and implements programs geared towards employee engagement/allegiance.
Drive Successful Key HR Processes
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Manages annual performance and salary review process.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of data maintained in Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
Play a Role in Diverse Projects
- Coordinates site events including management liaison for social activities, recognition, and community activities including charitable contributions.
- Participate in the broader North America Generalist team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required. Majors in either Human Resources or a business related filed required; a Master’s in Business Administration or Labor Relations is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources (recruiting talent, consulting, employee relations, leadership development, talent development, etc.).
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Experience working in a variety of settings, with engineering and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience managing a high-performance team desired.
- Success in implementing programs and processes that yield positive results.
- Values and readily adapts to change; challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives within area of responsibility; capable of serving as a positive change enabler/agent.
- Supports the organization through dignity, respect for others, integrity and teamwork.
- Must be highly organized to be able to multi-task, accomplish goals and meet deadlines and must possess strong project management experience.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication to express ideas verbally and in writing, document procedures create own correspondence. Must also have strong presentational skills to present programs/projects/ideas to the various levels of management.
- Must possess proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
- Ability to travel 5-10%.
- PHR/SPHR and/or other Professional Certifications desired.
- Manufacturing HR management experience desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join